Order of Saint Carl
Imperial Decree creating the Order of St. Carl
We, Adam von Selvidge, Emperor of Corumburg, King of Lectoria, Grand Duke of Keran, Prince of Selvidge, Duke of Kentwood; to All Our Loving Subjects Whatsoever to Whom these Presents shall come, Greeting.
WHEREAS it is fitting that we shall have at Our disposal a means for honoring those of Our subjects who have offered notable service to Emperor and the Imperial Family, and for honoring those of Our friends who have ever been faithful to the Empire,
WHEREAS it is agreed that such honored subjects and friends should be united within a bond and brotherhood of chivalry according to ancient custom and venerable tradition,
LET IT BE KNOWN that it is Our Will and Pleasure that the Order of Saint Carl be created and established within Our Realm,
AND WE DO FURTHER subject this Noble Order to Our own constitution to be maintained in perpetuity, the articles being
1. That the Order of St. Carl shall be secular in character, having no patron other than the Sovereign of the Order, neither shall there be a religious code, nor shall a chapel be established,
2. And that the Monarch of Corumburg shall be the Sovereign of the Order and shall alone enjoy the right to enroll persons in the Order,
3. And that if the Sovereign shall deem any of his subjects fit to belong to the Order, he shall be at liberty to enroll him,
4. And that the Sovereign shall be at liberty to enroll foreign persons of distinction into the Order,
5. And that there shall be but one class of Knights of the Order of St. Carl, namely that of Knight, and that the Emperor of Corumburg shall be the Knight Commander.
6. And that every member of the order shall be compelled to swear the following oath to the Emperor upon being accepted to the Order: " I am thy liege man of life and limb and of earthly honor."
7. And that no secret codes or agendas shall be created, followed or permitted,
8. And that the Sovereign of the Order may expel members for reasons which he deems grave and substantial,
9. And that the motto of the Order is "To Prince Carl, founder of the Selvidge dynasty."
10. And that the insignia of the order shall consist of a sash of royal crimson worn over the left shoulder, and a breast star featuring the motto and the symbol of the Order,
12. And that symbol of the order is the letter "C", and that said symbol should grace all of the insignia of the Order.
THEREFORE we do now, by these presents create and establish the Order of Saint Carl and its Constitution,
AND WE DO THESE THINGS ALL at Our Court at the Imperial Palace on this Twenty Third day of August in the Year of Grace 2003.
His Imperial Majesty Adam I.
Emperor of Corumburg, King of Lectoria, Grand Duke of Keran
Prince of Selvidge, Duke of Kentwood.