A Little about The Hounds oh and the handlers.
Van Zandt County BloodHound Team.
Is a Nonprofit, All Volunteer Organization Formed In 1973. All
Eight Dogs Have Been Donated To the Team. Our Team Consist of 35 Handlers,
and Three Active Board Members. All Dogs Are Able to Provide Assistance in Law
Enforcement, Hunting for Fugitives, Missing Children, Runways And the Elderly in
Nursing Homes. All Dogs Must Go through a Rigid Evaluation Standards in Order to
Stay a Certified Blood Hound in Our Organization. Both Handlers and Dogs Must
Proved Their Proficiency As Well As Pass Certification Test on a Variety of
Realistic Search Problems. Written Statements Are Available upon Request.
- Our Team Members Go through Extensive
Training in Land Navigation, Radio Communications, Wilderness Survival, Crime
Search Preservation, the Incident Command System, Group Search Techniques and
- All V.Z.C.B.T Dogs Are Trained in Obedience
Air Scent Work and One or More of the Following Specialties: tracking, trailing,
article or clue detection and Cadaver Detection.
- Rapid Response--Certified Search
Teams Are Prepared to Respond within 15 Minutes of Call out.
- 24-Hour Availability--Dog Teams
Are Trained to Work Day or Night. As an Effective Night Search Resource,
They Allow the Agency in Charge to Maintain the Search Effort around the Clock.
- Effectiveness--Dogs Scent
Capabilities Allow Teams to Locate People in Large Land Areas Of or in Water.
- Mobility -- Teams Can Be
Transported by Vehicle, Boats or Aircraft.
- Well Equipped -- Each Member of
the Team Carries a Portable Radio and Gear As May Be Required to Sustain the
Team for 24 Hours.
- No Cost V.Z.C.B.T
Members Provide Their Services and Those of Their Dogs Free of Charge.
Donations Are Gratefully Accepted.
- We Are a Nonprofit Organization, Which Was Founded in 1973. Our goals
are to aid law-enforcement offices in the areas of escaped fugitives, missing or
runaway children, and nursing-home walkout.
- The V.Z.C.B.T is an organization that prides itself on the many cases we have
solved on missing children, and the ability to place a missing child back in the
arms of loving family members.
- Telephone 903-848-7912
- Cell 903-880-5955
- Fax 903-848-7912
- Postal address:7007 V.Z.C.R. 2120,Rt.1 Wills Point, Tx 75169
- E-mail:General Information: email@example.com