The Therapy Room
AUSTIN'S Professional Massage Center
15300 B FM 1825, Suite 102
Pflugerville, TX 78660
Ph: (512) 989-2799
Fax: (512) 989-2422
e-mail: The Therapy Room
On Site Chair Massage
WHAT IS ON-SITE CHAIR MASSAGE?
A massage therapist will bring a portable chair that can be set up and dismantled
quickly so that a short, seated massage can be given at your business location.
Services can be paid for by the individual employee, by the company, or by an
arrangement in which payment is shared by both employee and employer.
Chair massage is also great for conventions, social gatherings, wedding party
jitters, recognizing birthdays, service anniversaries, awards for good attendance
or accident-free periods, etc.
Sessions focus on the neck, back, and shoulders while client remains fully clothed.
No lotions or oils are used, enabling the client immediatiely to return to regular
Many organizations, larger and small, private and government, have implemented
on-site massage programs.
WHAT IS NEEDED?
* A contact person for your event or company, as they will work with the
therapist by setting schedules, publicizing the program, and posting sign-up
* A quiet work space: a quiet corner, a conference room, or a break room.
* Encouragement of employees to use the service.
HOW CAN MASSAGE HELP IN THE WORKPLACE?
Stress is a fact of life in the workplace. Interpersonal conflicts, deadlines, work stoppages,
mandatory overtime, crowded conditions are just a few of the stressors employees
cope with on a daily basis. The effects of stress are cumulative and can lead to:
* headaches, backaches, eye strain, neck pain
* listlessness, poor concentration, anxiety, depression, irritability, and
even more commonly, anger.
* physical and emotional exhaustion, referred to as "burn-out"
* lower resistance to colds and infections, high blood pressure, ulcers,
heart disease, etc.
* repetitive-use injuries
On-site chare massage works because it:
* provides a complete change of pace so that the mind and body can relax and rejuvenate
* calms the nervous system and increases circulation, which boosts energy and alertness
* helps employees identify and release tension on their own before it becomes a problem
* reduces muscle tension and pain it causes
BE PRO-ACTIVE IN PROMOTING THE HEALTH OF FAMILY, FRIENDS, AND EMPLOYEES.
Call THE THERAPY ROOM at 512-989-2799