1. So they took Jesus, and he went out, bearing his own cross.
2. And as they led him away, they seized one Simon of Cyrene, who was coming in from the country, and laid on him the cross, to carry it behind Jesus
3. And there followed him a great multitude of the people, and of women who bewailed and lamented him.
4. But Jesus turning to them said, "Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me, but weep for yourselves and for your children.
5. For behold, the days are coming when they will say, 'Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bore, and the breasts that never gave suck!'
6. For if they do this when the wood is green, what will happen when it is dry?"
7. And they brought him to the place called Golgotha (which means the place of a skull).
-John 19:1; Luke 23:26-32;(Picture from Joseph's Catholic Webatorium.)
| Third Sorrow | Fifth Sorrow | Seven Sorrows Index | Site Index | Home Page |