1. Now his parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the Passover. And when he was twelve years old, they went up according to custom;
2. When the feast was ended, as they were returning, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem.
3. His parents did not know it, but supposing him to be in the company they went a day's journey,
4. They sought him among their kinsfolk and acquaintances; and when they did not find him, they returned to Jerusalem, seeking him.
5. After three days they found him in the temple, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions.
6. His mother said to him, "Son, why have you treated us so? Behold, your father and I have been looking for you anxiously."
7. He said to them, "How is it that you sought me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father's house?"
-Lk 2:41-50(Picture from Holy Rosary Page: Pictures Gallery.)
| Second Sorrow | Fourth Sorrow | Seven Sorrows Index | Site Index | Home Page |