Child of War 
Chapter One
By Billy Sorrel 

Based on the Blood and Water series by Lisa Leonard

 

Scene: Matt Trakker, Scott Trakker, Roxanne Trakker, and T-Bob are enjoyingone of the rare day's the Matt doesn't have to work, while walking downWashington on a sunny day.

It's been a few months after Roxanne returned home (*read Blood and Water.*)as she spent some father daughter time with her father she smiled as shenoticed someone she remembered back from the orphanage.

"Excuse me sir I'm trying to get enough money to get a bus ticket home couldyou help me out." A Boy said, as he stood in front of Matt Trakker.

"Sure thing," Matt said, as he pulled out his wallet and gave the boy a dollar bill.

"Oh thank you sir you're so kind." The boy said, as he shook Matt's hand and started to walked off but was then pulled back by Roxanne. "Hey what's going on!!" The boy yelled, as he turned around and looked at Roxanne. "Roxy is that you?" The boy said, as he smiled at Roxanne.

"Yes Kit it's me, now you want to give my dad back his watch." Roxanne said,and Kit shrugged his shoulders.

"Roxy come on you know I'm trying to get out of this joint." Kit said, as he looked at Roxanne.

"How about we step over to the side we're blocking traffic," Matt said, as the 5 moved over. "O.K. now about my watch," Matt said, and Kit handed back the watch. "Now you mind telling me why you stole my watch after I gave you money?" Matt said, and Kit just smiled at Roxanne.

"Not this time Kit I'm not going to bail you out." Roxanne said, as shelooked at Kit. "Besides the big sister trick wont work this is my real father." Roxanne said, and Kit looked at Matt then at Roxanne.

"Well it's nice to meet you sir, you have a fine daughter." Kit said, as he shook Matt's hand again and then slapped him on the back, but then walked back into Roxanne.

"Watch," Roxanne said, and Kit handed her the watch. "Now the wallet,"Roxanne said, as she looked at Kit.

"You know, your killing me here." Kit said, as he handed Roxanne the wallet.

"That's great, now how about you give me the cash and the cards you took out of the wallet." Roxanne said, as she smiled at Kit.

"Your enjoying this aren't you," Kit said, as he looked at Roxanne and then at Matt and saw he wasn't to happy. "As I said, here you go Roxy, don't let your dad kill me." Kit said, as he handed the cash and the cards to Roxanne then hid behind her.

"Well thank you Roxanne, and as for you." Matt said, as he looked at Kit.

"Dad don't be to rough with him, I've known him for a long time and that's the only way Kit gets any money." Roxanne said, and Matt nodded.

"Well then how about you come with us, I'm pretty sure we can help you out."Matt said, as he started to walk with Kit following next to Roxanne.

"He's not going to take me to the cops is he?" Kit asked Roxanne, as he looked up at her face.

"No, he's cool, you can trust him." Roxanne said, as she ruffled Kit's hair.As the small group walked in PNA H.q., Matt looked at the three kids and T-Bob, and smiled.

"O.K. you three, stay out of trouble while I go talk to Duane." Matt said,and the three sat down Roxanne and Scott read a book, while Kit just sat ina seat and looked over Roxanne's shoulder.

"Kit?" Roxanne said, in a low tone.

"Yeah Roxy?"

"Why are you reading over my shoulder, you know how much that bugs me." Roxanne said, as she looked at Kit.

"You never minded before, remember you used to let me look over your shoulder, and you read out loud." Kit said, as he looked at Roxanne.

"Well your older now, why don't you read to your self." Roxanne said, as shegave Kit a magazine.

"Oh come on Roxy, for old time sakes?" Kit asked, and Roxanne looked at him then nodded.

"O.K., but this is the last time." Roxanne said, and then started to readout loud as Kit looked over her shoulder. 

 

In Duane's office Duane had been talking to Matt about VENOM reports.

"So you see Matt if VENOM gets a hold of the skull of the Diablo, in Tibet,it could spell the end of the world." Duane said, as he looked at Matt.

"So this skull, inside has the key to resurrecting people?"

"Yes Matt, and VENOM wants it."

"Don't worry Duane, M.A.S.K. is on the job." Matt said, as he walked out of Duane's office along with Duane, but once they walked out Duane looked at Kit long and hard, and as he looked a memory flashed of a baby in a tube,with the same white strick of hair that Kit had.

"Matt?"

"Yes Duane?" Matt said, as he turned and looked at his old friend.

"That boy, who is he?"

"Some one that tried to take my watch, but was stopped by Roxanne, she seemsto know him."

"Do you know his name?"

"Yes Roxanne calls him Kit." Matt said, and Duane looked at Kit with a shocked expression, then at Matt, and pulled him into his office. "Duane what's wrong?" Matt said, as he watched his friend go over to the safe in the wall behind a painting.

"That boy shouldn't even be alive." Duane said, as he pulled out an old folder and opened it. "Right here Kit should be dead he should have been dead 6 years ago." Duane said, as he looked at the folder then showed Matt the folder.

"K.I.T., Trained Intelligent Killer." Matt said, then looked at Duane."Duane what is this?" Matt asked, as he looked back at the folder.

"I never wanted to bring this up Matt, I thought all traces of the experiment was gone, but some how Kit has survived termination." Duane said,as he looked out a window, and then looked back at Matt. "The boy out there with your kids, is no ordinary boy, he was fused with animal DNA, to be the perfect weapon agents are enemies, but the project was scraped after all the nations joined together to stop V.E.N.O.M., all the files except for the one in your hand were destroyed, and Kit was believed to be dead, until just now. Matt it's vital that we finish Kit now, if he finds out what he is, he could be almost as dangerous as an army of contra world agents." Duane said,and Matt closed the file and looked at Duane.

"How about he doesn't find out, Roxanne has some sort of connection with him."

"She should." Duane said, and Matt looked at him.

"What did you say?" Matt asked, as he looked at Duane.

"I said, she sure dose."

"Duane, don't lie to me, tell me what you said,."

"I said, that she should have a connection to him." Duane said, as he put his face in his hands. "Matt you have to forgive me, the project was started before I knew anything about it, if I did I wouldn't have let them." Duane kept going, until he looked up at Matt. "the X factor about Kit was that the donator of the human DNA we needed came from two people."

"O.K. so I can understand that, to over power the animal." Matt said, and looked down through the file. "I can't let you kill Kit, he'll stay at my place, and at the first sign if anything gose wrong I'll report it to you,but I will not allow you to kill him."

"O.K. Matt, but don't let Kit find out his past, or it will be like a nuclear button in front of an infant, dangerous." Duane said, as he watch Matt walkout of his office.

"O.K. Kids time to go." Matt said, with this Roxanne and Scott just stood up and Kit just looked at Matt. "You too Kit, your coming home with us." Matt said, as he looked at Kit. Later as the group was in Thunder Hawk, Kit was in between Scott and T-Bob looking at Roxanne."Hey um,.. what's your name?" Kit asked, as he looked at Scott."Oh, I'm Scott Trakker, and that's T-Bob." Scott said, as he pointed at himself, then at T-Bob.

"Well Scott, have you ever wondered how to have some fun with your sister's name?" Kit asked, with this Scott shook his head, and Kit smiled. "Watch,Hey Roxy, I was thinking, with you being the daughter of a rich man, you could be in movies." Kit said, and Matt just looked at Roxanne."I can see titles now, ROXY! the female version of ROCK!"

"KIT!" Roxy yelled, as she turned and looked at Kit, who at this point was smiling.

"What!, I'm just making some ideas." Kit said, and with this Roxy looked at Scott, then T-Bob.

"Not one word, from either of you." Roxanne said, as she looked at the two,then turned around.

"Oh!, I know, how about ROXY the VENOM slayer." Kit said, and Roxy reached back and slapped his leg. "OW!" Kit yelled as he rubbed his leg but then found him self being held by the collar of his shirt and pulled up toRoxanne.

"Don't you ever mention that name again understood." Roxanne said, as Kit just looked at her funny. "UNDERSTOOD!" Roxanne yelled, and Kit noded.

"Roxy you all right? you never got that mad until I said, you could go asROXY the warrior princess." Kit said, and then saw Roxanne smile at him. "oh no, I don't like that smile, it normally means I'm in trouble." Kit said, asRoxanne turned back around.

"Don't worry Kit, I'll treat you real nice, when we get home." Roxanne said,and Kit gulped as he remembered what happened the last time he heard Roxanne said that. (lets just say some well placed water balloons and flour over Kit's bunk bed at the orphanage, got him to be a good laugh riot.)

"Come on Roxy, I'm sorry." Kit said, as he looked at Roxanne.

"Oh, don't worry Kit, I wont do anything, that I didn't do to you at the orphanage."

"THAT'S WHAT I'M AFRAID OF!" Kit yelled, as he looked at Roxanne. "Hey I know, how about a trade." Kit said, as he smiled.

"Kit, what can you possibly trade me?" Roxanne said, as she turned and looked at Kit, but then watched as Kit pulled out a gold chain with a heart at the end. "Kit is that?" Roxanne said, but then stopped with tears running down her face.

"When you didn't come back after a month, they threw out your file, they thought you where dead, and they where going to pawn off your valuables, I knew how much you loved this locket, so I swiped it from the pile, and hid it. The head master wasn't to happy about it thought, and he expressed his feelings with his hand." Kit said, as he looked at the car floor, and then rubbed his arm. "you remember how much that jerk hates me."

"Kit while I was going there, you where the only one I knew of that got theholly water to burn." Roxanne said, and Kit frowned.

"HEY NOW!, a small amount of oil mixed with a large amount of gas can make anything burn, that doesn't mean I'm the only one that could have done it."Kit said, as he crossed his arms and looked at Roxanne.

"Well still your right, he took out a lot of anger on you, I remember the time when he busted you for trying to sneak me some food when I was sick, that old goat hit you with his cain and you could be heard all over the orphanage." Roxanne said, as she looked at Kit. "I also remember how everytime you came out of his office, I was always around that first corner to your room, waiting to clean your face." Roxanne said, and Kit smiled.

"You also stood up for me a few times, like the time when one of the other kids threw some fire crackers under the headmaster's feet, he yelled for me to get up in front of the whole orphanage to take a punishment, you stood up and told him to get a life, I still got the punishment, and you got a month of confinement to your room, but at least I knew you where there to protect me." Kit said, as he smiled at Roxanne, but then sat back. "But after you disappeared, that black hearted creep enjoyed ever minute of it, if something went wrong I got called up, if one of the candles where out of place, I got called, he enjoyed every minute of you not being there. But every time he finished with me, I never shaded a tear, in fact it's been about a week since I ran from that place, I called him a jerk and spit in his face, then ran like I was being chanced by a hell hound." Kit said, ashe smiled, and Roxanne laughed. "Wait a minute, I know this street." Kit said, as he looked out the window past Scott.

"Yeah so do I." Roxanne said, as she looked out the passenger side window.

"SHIT!, it's the street to the orphanage, LET ME OUT!" Kit screamed, as hestarted to struggle, but then watched as Tunderhawk pulled over.

"Kit lesson, I have to take you to the orphanage, for just a few seconds then will leave O.K.?" Matt said, and Kit looked at him then Roxanne.

"Roxy please, don't let him take me back, that monster of a headmaster will kill me." Kit said, as Roxanne looked at her father then at Kit.

"Don't worry, my dads faced worst things then that creep." Roxanne said, as Kit just looked at her and remembered how Roxanne was always there for him,and never put him in danger.

"O.K. Roxy, but I still rather not go in." Kit said, as Roxanne smiled at him.

"Don't worry, he wont let anything happen to you." Roxanne said, then patted Kit on the leg. As Thunderhawk pulled up in front of the orphanage, that Roxanne and Kit spent most of there time, they noticed that there was a nun watching the kids. "who's that?" Roxanne asked, as she looked at Kit.

"I don't know, I haven't been here for a week." Kit said, as he got out of Thunderhawk. "Uh Roxy, I know I'm older since the last time I saw you but um,would it still be O.K. to hold your hand when I'm scared?" Kit asked, and Roxanne just looked down at him, and smiled.

"Sure, just don't get to used to it." Roxanne said, as she held out her hand, and watched as Kit still backed up a little, and walked behind her.

"Excuse me, I was hopping to speak to the headmaster?" Matt said, as hewalked up to the Nun.

"Oh well that's me, Sister Lisa." the Nun said, and then looked at Roxanne,and Kit.

"And who are these young little sun shines?" The Nun asked, as shesmiled at Roxanne and Kit.

"Well this one is my daughter, and this one, I was hopping to adopt right now." Matt said, as he put his hands on Roxanne's shoulders, then on Kit's,once he mentioned adoption Kit turned and looked at Matt. "But you don't seem to be such a mean person, my daughter and Kit's been telling me about."Matt said, as he looked at Sister Lisa.

"Oh my no, if this is the infamous Kit, who spit in the last headmasters face and ran, I'm not, he was fired for being far to harsh with the children, and with examination of the books, we noticed that once a child was adopted it's personal belongings where pawned, and he kept the money." Sister Lisa said,and Matt nodded. "But things have changed, now the kids are more happy, but listen to me ramble on, you wanted to adopt this little boy, didn't you?"Sister Lisa asked, as she smiled at Kit. "Well follow me into my office."Sister Lisa said, and Matt followed her, while Kit and Roxanne stayed outside.

"Hey Roxy?" Kit asked, as he tugged a little on Roxanne's hand.

"Yeah Kit?"

"Does this mean your my sister?"

"I guess it does." Roxanne said, as she looked down at Kit.

"Well that's good, because I can run and get a disk out of my room." Kit said, as he ran into the orphanage, after a few minutes he ran back out, and handed the disk to Roxanne."I've been saving this to give to you, it's a tracer eraser I've been working on, while your hacking it would come in handy." Kit said, and Roxanne took the disk.

"What makes you think, I'm not good enough not to get caught?"

"Nothing, I just thought instead of you rushing around so much, why not take your time, that's what this program can do." Kit said, as Kit and Roxanne talked, Scott watched them and smiled as he looked at T-Bob.

"T-Bob have you noticed yet the Roxanne and Kit have the same sort of friendship, as you and me have?" Scott asked, T-Bob just looked at him.

"Oh I hope not, because I'll feel sorry for Kit." T-Bob said, as he put his hands on the top of his head.

"Careful, or I'll ask Roxanne to look at your program." Scott said, and T-Bob started to roll his eyes around.

"Oh no, I just got over the last time she did that."

"Hey!, what are you two talking about?" Roxanne asked as she got in and Kit jumped over Scott and sat in his seat.

"Nothing Roxanne, just thinking how you and Kit are close, how did it happen?" Scott asked and Roxanne smiled.

"Well it happened 2 years after I came here, I was walking around after my bed time, and I kept hearing this crying, so I followed it. Well as I did, I heard a few of the nun's, and the headmaster talking, I didn't know about what, at the time it was about something dumb, well I snuck past them, and found Kit here in some old rages, crying I looked at him, and Kit don't take this wrong but I thought you were a doll." Roxanne said, and Kit covered her mouth.

"Scott, trash can if either one of you repeat what she just said, I'll have to make sure you never see the light of day again." Kit said, but then got pushed back into his seat.

"Well I picked you up, and you stopped crying, when I turned around the nun's, and headmaster where looking at me and smiled, I don't know what it was, but you never cried when I picked you up." Roxanne said, as she ruffled Kit's hair.

"Well, all I remember from that time was being dunked in water." Kit said,and Roxanne giggled.

"Yeah, you where being babtiesed, and I think you swallowed more water then what the nun dried off of you." Roxanne said, as she kept laughing. "Hey Kit, why did you stop crying when I picked you up?" Roxanne asked, as she looked at Kit."I never figured that out my self, it was just I didn't feel scared I guess,which doesn't make much since, since after the nun took me from you I cried, and didn't stop until they gave me back to you." Kit said, as he put his hands behind his head and looked up at the clouds from the rear glass.

"Oh maybe he loved you." T-Bob said, as he giggled his robotic laughter.

"And maybe, I'll rip your optic sinecures out if you say that again, trashcan." Kit said, and T-Bob start to sulk. "So Roxy, the reports I got from PNA true?" Kit asked, as he sat up a little, and noticed Roxanne was looking at him funny.

"Kit, we where only in there for a few minutes."

"Yeah but you forget you taught me how to hack, remember?, I helped with the programs you did the hacking."

"Yeah but, when did you get reports on me?"

"Oh about a week ago, I was looking into the PNA's security files and found your name, I checked it out, and I found out that you didn't run away, but you where kidnapped and brainwashed." Kit said, as he smiled at Roxanne."So what's up, I know your too smart to be brainwashed, what happened?" Kit asked, as he sat up, and noticed Matt walking out. "Well heres your dad, maybe I can ask him." Kit said, as Matt sat down, and turned around to lookat Kit.

"Well Kit, your apart of are family now, is there anything you want to get before we leave?" Matt asked, and Kit shook his head.

"I would like to know what happened to Roxanne while she was gone from you, PNA computers say she was brainwashed, and I know better." Kit said, and Matt just looked at his rear view mirror, as he started Thunderhawk. "You know, I think I know where Roxanne got that one look from." Kit said, and Roxanne turn to look at Kit. "THAT'S THE LOOK!" Kit yelled, as he pointed atRoxanne.

"Listen Kit, don't you ever repeat this, but I made some mistakes while Iwas gone, so don't bring that up again O.K.?" Roxanne said, and then smiled.

"Well then!, Roxanne admits she's not perfect, this I have to write down." Kit said, as he pointed at Roxanne, and then got his hand twisted. "OW!, Roxy cut it out, that hurts." Kit cried, as Roxanne just held his handtwisted.

"Say your sorry." Roxanne said, and Kit smiled.

"O.K., your sorry." Kit replied, and got his hand twisted more. "O.K., O.K.I'M SORRY!" Kit yelled, and Roxanne let go.

"See, that wasn't so bad was it?"

"Yes it was."

"Your lucky she can't reprogram you." T-Bob said, and then got knocked onthe head.

"Kit stop hitting T-Bob." Scott protested, as he grabbed Kit's hand.

"Hey, I'm just trying to find out where small man gets in at." Kit said,which got Matt and Roxanne to laugh a little.

"Kit, T-Bob is an android of artificial intelligent." Matt said, and Kit nodded.

"So it can think?" Kit said, as he looked at T-Bob.

"I am not an it." T-Bob protested, and Kit smiled.

"That reminded me of the book about the elephant man, when he yelled out, I am not an animal I am a human being." Kit said, and T-Bob just turned and looked out the window. "So Roxy, what you've been up to lately?" Kit asked,and Roxanne turned and looked at him with a cold stair. "I take it, past not good thing to bring up." Kit said, as he sat back. "Who's in for a good singalong?" Kit asked, and Scott looked at him, as did Matt and T-Bob.

"O.K. Kit, what would you like to sing?" Matt asked, as he looked back atthe road.

"Oh, how about the theme from ROXY!, she's got the eye of the tiger it's the thrill of the hack," Kit didn't get much more out, since Roxanne turned around and started to hit him with a rolled up magazine, and then turnedback around. "O.K., so that ones out." Kit said, and noticed that Scott and T-Bob where laughing a little, and could tell Matt has holding back a smile."How about the Devil went up to Washington." Kit asked, and Scott nodded."O.K., the Devil went up to Washington he was looked for a sole to steal he was in a bind he was way behind he was looking to make a deal, until he came a cross a young girl, playing a Keyboard hot, as he jumped up a computer desk he said, Girl let me tell you what, I guess you didn't know it but I'm a computer hacker to and if you care to take a dare I'll make a bet with you. you hack a pretty good computer system but give the devil his due I'll bet a vult of gold againts your sole because I think I'm better then you. girl said, my names Roxy..." as soon as Kit said Roxy, he was met with another round of whacks from Roxanne, and could hear Scott and Matt laughing."So I take it your don't like the song?" Kit asked, and then got smacked over the head. "I'll take that as a no." Kit replied, as he smiled at Roxy.An hour later as Thunderhawk pulled up into the drive, that lead up to the mansion. Kit looked at it and then smiled. "Nice uh what country is this?" Kit asked, and Matt smiled at the question.

"It's your new home." Matt said, Kit smiled as he got out of the car, walked up to the steps, and put his foot on it.

"I claim this land in the name of America." Kit said, and got pulled intothe house by Roxanne.

"O.K. funny man, heres your room." Roxanne said, as she walked Kit into an empty room, and started to leave until she felt Kit holding onto her hand."Yeah Kit?" Roxanne said, and Kit could easily tell she was still angry about the songs he made up.

"Roxy I.... I.... OH GOD ROXY!" Kit cried, as he jumped up and hugged Roxanne around the neck. "I never thought I would see you again, I missed you so much." Kit cried, as Roxanne walked him over to his bed, and satdown.

"Hey come on Kit, don't cry, I missed you to, but well, I didn't think you wanted to come, and even know me if you found out about what I've done." Roxanne said, as she smiled at Kit, and cleaned his face.

"Roxy, I wouldn't care if you killed any one, you were always there for me,when I was just learning how to walk, you where there to help me up, I neverforgot that, and if I knew what happened to you, I would freely join you." Kit said, as he looked down at the floor, and leaned up agents Roxanne."Your the only person that ever knew how to make me happy." Kit said, andRoxanne looked up at the ceiling and smiled.

"Oh you mean like this!" Roxanne yelled, as she started to tickle Kit.

 

To be continued...

Mail Billy

Back to the Mindforge