Blood and Water
Chapter 6
by Lisa L.

Illustrations by Hytac



Matt was in his study waiting anxiously for Buddy to call back with more information. He sat at his desk letting his hand rest against his chin. His eyes would glance constantly at the clock on the wall. He saw this as slow torture with every passing minute. It had been 2 hours since he received that disturbing phone call from Buddy and his nerves could no longer take it. He was filled with so much anger and disappointment he had to stay out of sight of his own children. He didn't want Roxanne asking too many questions, and he definitely didn't want to worry Scott. The only thing he could do was sit in silence.

He was waiting patiently and thinking of the next step to take. Matt spoke to himself, "M.A.S.K. was always been ready to take what ever V.E.N.O.M. threw at it, but now..." He was stumped as he thought about what mistakes he made or could of prevented, "Did Mayhem magically grow a brain over night or is somebody to blame for all this?"

The first name that popped into his mind was Brad Turner. He had a gut instinct that he was the traitor among them. The fact that he told Buddy he was going to investigate something without him was very suspicious. The whole reason Matt paired everybody up was for their safety and to ensure backup.

Matt crossed his arms, "Apparently Brad Turner doesn't understand the reason for the team up. He doesn't realize that we all work and think as a team and nobody does anything by themselves. If he would have followed orders we wouldn't be in this mess."

He stands up and begins to pace around the room, "But who am I to say he hasn't been working with V.E.N.O.M. all this time? Maybe I was right about him and Vanessa. No matter, when this is over with Brad Turner is through with M.A.S.K.."

Just then the phone rang, Matt picked it up, "Yes?"

Buddy answered, "Matt it's me Buddy."

Matt sat down on his desk, "So how's the situation?"

Buddy was thinking of how to tell him, "Matt, you’re not going to believe this."

Matt says curiously, "What?"

Buddy continues, "Well the authorities combed the entire campus, until they found him hidden in the shadow of one of the buildings." His tone sounds sorrowful, "I thought he was dead, Matt. He was unconscious and barely breathing. The color was practically drained from his face. I wish I could have stopped him from going off like that."

Matt sat there for a moment in silence. He wanted to take back all the awful things he said about Brad. He then snapped back into reality.

"It's all right Buddy, I don't think you could have stopped him. How is he?"

Buddy rubs his head, "I don't know Matt I'm waiting here in the ER to find out some news on his condition. Meanwhile, the authorities are doing everything in their power to locate the professor. We know very well from experience at this point V.E.N.O.M. can be anywhere."

Matt nodded and agreed with his statement, "Buddy I'm going to take the first plane out there. As soon as, Brad wakes up find out what happened."

Buddy replied, "Will do Matt."

Matt continued, "I'm going to alert the other agents to change their position and guard that chip. I'll see you as soon as I get there. Bye."

"Bye Matt," Buddy replies before hanging up.

Matt walked out of his office. Roxy and Scott walked towards him. "Hey dad are we still going to see that movie?" Scott asked eagerly.

Matt put his hand on his shoulder, "I'm sorry Scott something very important just came up." Scott looked into his father's eyes, he knew it was M.A.S.K. business and it looked serious. Roxy looks at them both as though they had some special bond she didn't know about.

She crosses her arms, "Where are you going that is so urgent?"

Matt looked at her, "Well a friend of mine is injured very badly."

"Oh...I hope your friend gets better then," She says trying not to sound arrogant.

Matt says in a concerned voice, "So do I. I'm going to have Mrs. Simpson come over and watch you guys, while I'm gone."

Scott objects, "Why can't we come with you dad, you.."

Matt looks down on him, "Not this time Scott. The hospital is no place for kids."

Roxy smirks, "I don't see why we need a baby-sitter in the first place. I'm old enough to take care of myself. I've always been on my own."

Matt wished he knew what to tell her, "Roxanne I just want somebody around in case of an emergency. It's not like I'm not coming back."

She shrugs as she walks off, "That's what they all say."

Scott looks up at his father, "she's just having trouble adjusting."

Matt nodded, "I know."



Roxanne stood there silently watching from the upstairs window. Scott Trakker hugged his father and waved good-bye. Matt then stepped into a cool looking red sports car with lightening painted on its sides.

Her hopes for a rescue mission slowly died as time pasted by. A couple times she thought about phoning the base but chose not too. She feared the idea of being caught, but that's not what stopped her. She had failed Mayhem, V.E.N.O.M., the mission, and even herself. She was too ashamed to call.

She laughs at herself, "To think I was a fool for ever thinking I was part of V.E.N.O.M.. I will always be a screw up and a nobody. Why would V.E.N.O.M. even bother to rescue me?" She holds her fist tight and narrows her eyes on both Scott and Matt Trakker, "I'll prove to them and V.E.N.O.M. that I'm not a force to be reckoned with. I'll complete my mission and show Mayhem he made the biggest mistake of his life leaving me stranded behind enemy lines. I'll do anything to get that chip."

She feels her sorrow being chased away by hopes of escape. Her eyes then drift upon T-Bob, "Of course I could use a little help."

She walked down the hallway towards Matt's study. She hastily moved around the desk to sit in the expensive paten leather chair. She turns the computer on and access the Internet. "Log on user," the computer asks. She sits back in the chair, as she ponders. She'd been off line too long to remember her Screen Name. She taps her fingers on the desk nervously and stares at the screen,

"Well duh...I picked something I wasn't suppose to forget." She smacks her forehead and types in user name, "RIFT." The best password to use for everything she thought. She glances threw her mail, "Gee didn't know somebody actually missed me?" She then runs the cursor over to her favorite places,

"Yes that's it, Virus-R-Us." She scans over hundreds of files hoping to find one to best suit her situation. "I need something that will make a robot bypass it's original subroutines. Then I can take control of it."

She looks threw Matt's desk for a disk. She quickly downloads a virus she needed. She then leans back in the chair holding the disk, "All I need to do now is to get that stupid robot to download this."

She rushes out of the room and goes on a hunt for T-Bob. She smiles as she sees him alone in his personal storage area. "Hey T-Bob, I was wondering if you could help me out," She says in a nice friendly voice.

He turns and looks at her, "Sure Roxanne I'm always willing to help. What's the problem?"

She looks down at her feet, "Well I downloaded this really cool game that I know you and Scott would love to play, but..." She gives him a disappointed face, "Since I don't know much about computers I think I might of deleted whatever dad had originally on the disk. I know I should of asked first, but I wasn't thinking. Is there anyway to check to make sure the file is still on the disk?"

T-Bob takes the disk, "Well then lets go back to the computer and we'll find out."

She had to think of something fast, "We can't." He looks at her curiously, "Why not?"

She thinks for a second, "Well Scott is using the computer right now and I don't want him to find out about what I did."

T-Bob hands her the disk back, "Oh well then. There really isn't anything I can do about it."

She looks disappointed and gives him a suggestion, "But your a robot, can't you do a quick scan on the disk?"

T-Bob shakes his head, "I really shouldn't I could contract a virus, especially since you don't know what you've downloaded."

She begs, "Please. Pretty please." T-Bob gives in, "Oh all right to make you happy and get you out of my circuits."

She hands him back the disk and watches him place it into his system. T-Bob feels worried, "Hmm this disk feels funny."

She tilts her head and looks at him, "How so?"

He asks her, "Better shut me off, it's starting to corrupt my files."

She crosses her arms, "Really? I'd like to do that my friend, but 1. I don't know how to shut you off and 2. at this point it would take me another 5 hours just to re-download that virus into your system."

T-Bob tries to move but his arms and legs felt rusted, "It's getting dark in here."

She reassures him, "Don't worry T-Bob in a couple of days this will all be over with, ya piece of junk." She looks at the clock and then to T-Bob.

His once sweet friendly eyes were now replaced with red lights of terror. She smiles, "T-Bob can you hear me?" His voice sounds as thought it were in a trance, " Yes mistress."

She smiles, "Worked like a charm, now for some reprogramming. T-Bob you are to only respond to my voice alone, all original shutdown protocols and authorization codes are deleted. What I say goes. You are to act as yourself around Scott for the time being. He isn't allowed to know or suspect anything. For you first assignment..." She thinks before she continues, "I need to you to comb the road side north of house for about 20 miles. Your looking for a small silver gun. When you find it hide it in your storage compartments and return to me. Dismissed." T-Bob took off and her smile widened, "Now all I have to do is think of the next step in my plan."

Mrs. Simpson called from the stairs, "Scott, Roxanne supper is ready." Both kids met up in the dinning room and took a seat. Scott looked a bit troubled.

Mrs. Simpson handed him a dish of mash potatoes, "What is wrong Scott?" He sighs, "I can't find T-Bob anywhere. Were suppose to work on a model together.

Roxanne shoves food in her mouth trying not to laugh at his behavior towards that robot." She then talks with her mouth full, "How awful."

Mrs. Simpson interrupts, "Don't talk with you mouth full."

She wipes her mouth, "sorry. Any ways I wouldn't worry about T-Bob he's probably picking up lose change along the road. This is a big estate so he could be anywhere. He might show up in the morning." Scott looked at her thinking that was an odd response, but she was probably right about him showing up in the morning. The discussion ended and they continued to eat dinner.



Meanwhile at V.E.N.O.M. headquarters, a black van pulls up. Sly and Vanessa stepped out of the van. Sly opened the side door of the van and forcefully pulled the semi-conscious professor out. The professor mumbled under his tired voice, "You'll never get away with this."

Mayhem approached him laughing, "I already have."

Professor Michael tried to stand up and be strong, "I won't work for you."

Mayhem shakes his head, "Ah well that'd be a shame, but unfortunately I have methods of making you work. Lock the professor up until he regains his senses."

Cliff Dagger step forwards and pushes the professor, "Move it!" The professor looked up at the buff man, and turned away feeling terror striking his own face. He tried to get up and walk, but ever time he tried Cliff Dagger would push him further, causing him to fall to the ground. Mayhem waited for Cliff Dagger to lead the professor out of the room, before continuing to speak.

Sly leaned against the car, "So how are you going to get that old man to work for us." Mayhem smirk, "I've done my homework unlike you Sly. When the professor has cleared his mind a bit, I'll just tell him about using his grand kids for target practice, if he doesn't help."

All three of them laugh at the idea. Vanessa smiled, "Sounds like he'll be sobbing on his knees begging to work for us."

Mayhem smiled, "Of course, now all we need to do is get that chip and are weapon will be near completion. From this point on nothing is going to stop us from reaching our goal." Mayhem felt like bringing out the booze and celebrating, until Vanessa spoke.

"Aren’t you forgetting something boss? You agreed to let us rescue Roxy after we grabbed the professor." Mayhem good mood broke and his brow pointed downward in a flurry.

He thought, "She had to bring that brat's name up."

Cliff Dagger returned to join his companions and agreed with Vanessa, "I agree boss."

Sly just looked up and nodded, "We don't continue until we have all our members."

Mayhem turned and looked at Sly Rax he wanted to burst out in laughter. He stood there deep in thought trying to keep a straight face. That one name just made his winning plan go down hill. He hoped that they'd forget the girl, but apparently he was wrong about how much they cared about that little brat. As much as he wanted to demand them to drop the ridiculous idea of saving Roxy, he needed their loyalty to V.E.N.O.M. to successfully retrieve that chip. The amount of security is surely going to be beefed up and M.A.S.K. will probably be guarding it personally. He needed all the manpower he could get, for this mission to be a success. He grumbles under his breath, "all right well go get her."

Sly suggested, " I'll go find out where M.A.S.K. has her imprisoned at." Mayhem shook his head, "Don't bother I already know where she's at. I've been keeping tabs on her, only because she was a security risk. Apparently you both taught her well about keeping her mouth shut, she's staying at Matt Trakker's estate. Of course the real mystery is why she hasn't been turned over to the authorities. I have to blue prints somewhere in my office, I'll go get them."

Mayhem walks off still cursing under his breath. The three of them watched him as he walked towards his office.

Mayhem slammed the door shut furious. He walks towards a wooden trunk in his office. He pulls a key out of his pocket and unlocks it. He was never thrilled about leaving plans and other personal items around the base. Especially since most of the people he hired were crooks. He digs through piles of plans and old junk. "Here we go," He pulls out old blue prints of Matt Trakker estate. He sets it out on the table, "Knowing him he probably remodeled it, but this will do." He rolls the plans out, he figured if he organized a quick go in and get out mission this would be over in a few days.

When he rolled the plans out it was filled with dust an old picture that was stuck to the plans, of the house. He picks up the picture and examines it. It was a picture of him, Matt, Andy, and Rebecca having a barbecue in Matt's back yard. His eyes fall on Rebecca, "Oh how I missed the smell of your expensive perfume. It's a shame things couldn't have worked out differently." He begins to set the photo down until a light struck his brain.

He sat back in his chair looking at the picture of Rebecca. Mayhem started laughing out loud in his office, "Oh dear how could I of been so stupid not to notice. Rebecca was Roxanne mother. I thought I heard crying that last night I saw her. That explains why Matt didn't turn her over to the police. She really was his...." he grumbles. "I knew it the first day I laid eyes on her and when she told me that name...Trakker. Curse that name." He rips of the photo and trashes it.

He walks out of his office towards Vanessa, Sly Rax, and Cliff Dagger. Mayhem face drew serious, "You guys can forget about a rescue mission."

Vanessa felt double crossed, "Why?" "She's not going to come back, even if you rescue her. Apparently she is Trakker's daughter," Mayhem says.

Sly says in disbelief," You’re kidding? Then why the heck was she..."

Mayhem interrupted, "I don't know, but I do know she's not going to choose you over that rich father of hers. Starting today no more talk about Roxanne, she's not coming back. We need to plan our strategy to get that micro chip. We have not only M.A.S.K. to worry about but the military."



Matt walked into Harvard Medical Hospital. He walks towards the front desk, "What room is Brad Turner in?"

The nurse replied, "314." Matt nodded, "Thank you." Matt walked down the hall towards Brad’s room. He knocked on the door. Buddy replied, "Come in." Matt enters.

Buddy stood up, happy to see him, "Oh Matt it's good to see you."

Matt moved over to Brad’s bedside, "Has he awakened yet."

"No he hasn't moved a muscle," Buddy said disappointedly. Just then the doctor entered the room.

"Are you his family?" he asked. Matt shook his head.

"Concerned friends. How is he?"

The doctor moved towards them, "Apparently he was poisoned. The drug is designed to knock a person out for several days. We flushed out most of the drug from his system so sometime in the next 24 hours he'll awaken." Both Buddy and Matt felt relief to hear that, he was going to be all right.

The doctor shook his head, "Of course that funny part was instead of having it injected into his system, we found traces of it around his lip.

Matt smirked as he looked at Brad laying there asleep, "Really?"

"Well excuse me gentlemen I have other patients to attend too. The doctor leaves the room.

Matt walks towards the window looking out, "That woman who kissed him was probably Vanessa."

Buddy sat back, "Well say it was, doesn't that tell you she was just too dangerous of a woman to around. She probably cornered Brad, but who's to say he wanted it or not."

Matt turned to look at Buddy, "He could of also agreed to do this to cover up their relationship." Buddy knew Matt was drawing to conclusions.

"Matt I think we should wait until he wakes up, before we jump to what happened. I know it's funny that he got poisoned by one of her kisses, but we should still hear the man out."

Matt heads towards the door, "Still it better be a good reason. You want some coffee?" Buddy nodded.



Roxanne awoke to a knock on her door at 3am. She opens it up T-Bob stood there.

"It's a about time," she huffed. She motions him to come in, "Well did you find it." T-Bob opened his compartment and hands her the gun. She smiles as she takes it. She opens the chambers, "It looks good." She takes the gun and hides it between her mattress.

"Return to your room T-Bob," she demands." She lays back on her bed, "Tomorrow will be the day to set the plan into effect." She closed her eyes in anticipation of a good day.



"Hey Scott," she runs over to him, with T-Bob trailing behind her, "I found T-Bob and you'll never guess what he found."

She looked so excited Scott thought this had to be big, "What is it?"

She tried to explain, "Well it's umm...oh it's too hard for me to explain. Your just going to have to see it with your own eyes to believe it."

Scott smiled anxiously, "All right show me."

She smiles back and suggests, "Ok well let's take T-Bob along, we'll get there much faster."

Scott nods, "T-Bob cycle." T-Bob just stands there ignoring Scott.

She laughs softly trying not to seemed worried, "You know you might want to get his circuits checked when we get back." She kicks T-Bob gently, "T-Bob cycle now." T-Bob obeys and changes into motorcycle mode.

Scott looked worried as he looked at T-Bob, "Are you ok T-Bob? You don't look so hot."

T-Bob responds in an empty voice, "I'm fine."

She hops onto T-Bob, "He said he's fine, why would he lie to you Scott?" Scott hopped on behind her, "All right let’s go, but when we get back I'm having Bruce run a diagnostic on ya T-Bob."


T-Bob took them down the road and a couple of old trails. Scott asked, sounding concerned, "We've been riding half the day, I think we should go back."

She replies, "We’re too close to turn around, don't worry we'll be back before dark. It's right over that hill."

T-Bob drove over the hill and cleared off the trail that lead to an abandon town. T-Bob stops in the middle of the town.

She gets off him and looks around, "It's perfect." Scott crosses his arms, "I've been here before with dad, what's so special about this place?"

She sounds very giddy, "This is where were going to camp for tonight."

Scott was confused, " You told me we were going to be back by dark. Besides, you could have asked before dragging me out to the middle of nowhere."

She sighed, "I could have done that, but Mrs. Simpson wouldn't let either of us do that. Plus I don't want her know where we are." Scott raised a brow and becomes nervous feeling danger. Roxy looks at Scott, "If she knew about this she'd ruin my entire plan that I've been setting up for months."

Scott backs towards T-Bob, "What plan?"

She giggles, "Oh you know, the plan where I kidnap Matt Trakker's only son, in exchange for a certain microchip."

Scott shouted, "We won't let you do that." He jumps on T-Bob, "Let's go!"

She stands there laughing out loud, "It's pointless Scott, I have total control over T-Bob." She says in a hostile voice, "T-Bob grab Scott!" T-Bob’s arms extended and wrapped around Scott body. Scott tried to break free, but T-Bob just squeezed harder.

Scott looked into her eyes, "Why are you doing this?"

She replies in an angry voice, "Do I look stupid? Since day one your father has been playing some stupid little father-daughter game with me. I don't enjoy being used or lied too. Matt Trakker been using that as some sort of set up to use me. He found my weakness and attempted to break me. Well I have news for him… I know his weakness.

Scott protested, "How can you say that about our father. You don't even know him, he would never lie!"

She grabs Scott's cheeks, "He wouldn't lie would he? He sure does keep a lot of secrets and he's NOT my father! He's a sick old man who takes advantage of poor girls like me. Vanessa warned me they'd do anything to get what they want, but this where I draw the line." She looks deeply into Scott's eyes, "Don't think about escaping. Either T-Bob will squeeze you to death or I might have to shoot you." She pull out a silver gun and points it at him.

"The question you should be asking is how good of a shot is she?" Scott gulps, yet stays silent. She walks towards one of the buildings. T-Bob drags Scott with him. She looks at T-Bob, "Now to stage the next part of my plan."

Matt looked out of the hospital window, as he drank his coffee. Just then his watch started to beep. He turns and looks at Buddy, "I'll be back, I need to go to Thunderhawk to get a message. Matt makes his way out of the hospital and heads towards the parking garage. He opens the car door and sits down in Thunderhawk. "Computer pass through message," Matt ordered. The video link screen was all static, but the sound made it threw. "Hello?" he replied wondering who's sending the message or if his equipment was malfunctioning.

He then hears Roxanne voice speaking in terror, "Dad help us!" Matt was worried, "Roxanne what's wrong?" She cries, "They found us dad, if you don't turn over that chip they’re going to kill me and Scott."

He tried not to overreact, "Don't worry I'll be there soon with backup!"

Matt then hears a gun fire in the back ground and Roxanne screams. He stood still, scared and wondering if one of his kids had been shot.

Her voice sounds as though she was shaking, "Dad that was a warning, you have 24 hours to get the chip and you have to come alone. Any notification of M.A.S.K. or any force what so ever will result in our immediate deaths."

She starts to cry again, "They want you to meet at this location." The location was transferred to him by the computer.

"Roxy I'll be there soon, every thing will be all right." Just then the signal dies and Matt rest his head on the steering wheel of his car.

Matt sat there staring at the intercom. He couldn't believe what he just heard. His own children kidnapped. How could this happen? He thought about calling Mrs. Simpson to verify it, but that voice was clearly Roxanne. He sighs as though he was defeated, "I should do what they want. I won't let anybody hurt my kids. If I let the others know and get involved they will defiantly kill them within miles of there location.”

“Then again, I'd be deceiving my own team. What type of leader would I be?" Matt thinks for a moment, "I'll tell them after the trade, my children's lives are more important. Afterwards, I'll nail V.E.N.O.M. with everything I got.”

Matt pulls out his cell phone, "General Ford." The voice on the other line replied, "Matt Trakker if your calling about the chip the parameters are crystal clear. Even with your forces around nothing will break through."

Matt voice grew dark and very serious, " I have a change of plan. I'm going to need that chip in order for my plan to be a success. I'm intending to move it to a more secret location." The General protested, "But Matt we have the best watching here it's safer." Matt cuts him off, " I don't need you questioning my orders. Please carry out my demands and don't tell anyone not even my agents about this. Is that clear?"

The General sighs, " Of course sir."

Matt continues, "I'll be there in 1300 hours. Matt out." Matt decided he'd tell Buddy he had to leave for a family emergency and then head off to Idaho to retrieve the chip.



Roxy lay sound asleep on her sleeping bag, meanwhile Scott stayed awake. He tried to loosen the ropes she tied around him, but all of his attempts failed.

Even if he did get out of the ropes, he'd still have to deal with T-Bob. He watches her as she tosses and turns in her sleep. Her face drenched in sweat and she starts to mumble under her lip, "mommy..no." She wakes up in haste and breathes heavily.

Scott stares at her, "Nightmare?"

She curls up, "That's none of your business. "

Scott continues, hoping a conversation will alter the outcome of the situation, "You were calling for your mother."

She wipes her eyes, "I was not."

He shakes his head, "I'm sorry to say, but I heard you in your sleep."

She doesn't look at him, "So what if I was, maybe I miss my mother. She was all I had before any of this happened." Scott knew he hit a soft point, "My parents died in a fire. What happened to you mother?"

Roxy covers her eyes trying to stop from crying, "She was murdered." Scott as curiously, "Did they catch the guy who did it?"

She tried to keep a straight face, "No, but I know who did it, when I find him he'll surely pay with his life."

Scott asks, "Who do you think did it?"

She looks at him coldly, " My father." She changes the subject, "Get some sleep tomorrow going to be a big day." Both then dozed off to sleep.



Buddy sat in a chair next to Brad’s bedside. His body slumped down in the chair as he rested after a long exhausting day. Brad lay in his bed peacefully and undisturbed. His opens his eyes slowly as he tries to fight off his tiredness.

He bring his hands up to his face trying to focus his eyes, yet all he could see was a blur. Brad turned his head and notices somebody next to his bed. His eyes were too out of focus to tell who, so he figured he'd guess, "Matt?"

The figure next to his bed didn't respond. Brad attempted to speak up, "Matt is that you?"

Buddy then stirred and practically jumped out of his chair a bit, "Brad?" Buddy moves over to him in disbelief, "Your finally awake. You have no idea how much you scared me, so what on earth happened?"

Brad recognized the voice, "Buddy, I guess she poisoned me."

Buddy smirked, "We kind of figured that, what's this nonsense of her kissing ya on the lips."

Brad really didn't have an answer, he was still unsure exactly what happened. Brad attempts to answer, "I tried to keep her away. Buddy I even told her she should turn herself in. In the end, I guess she surprised me."

Buddy nods, "Well I'm just glad your all right, I think Matt might get down your throat, but he'll be glad to hear it too."

Just as Buddy tells him that Brad remembers something important. Brad reaches out and grabs Buddy's jacket, "Buddy where's Matt I need to speak to him." Buddy forced him to let go.

"He had to go home some sort of family emergency. Personally I think Roxy has something to do with it."

Brad urges him, "You need to get a hold of Matt and tell him Roxy one of them."

Buddy scratched his chin as he thought not this argument again. Brad continues, "I'm not losing my mind Buddy. Vanessa asked me how Roxy was doing. If she wasn't important she wouldn't have asked me in the first place. All I'm asking you to do is tell Matt to keep an extremely close watch on her." Buddy agrees,

"Sure thing Brad I'll do it in the morning." Brad lay back, feeling his eyelids become heavy.

"Thanks." Brad falls back asleep.



Matt accelerated down the road in Thunderhawk. He didn't want anything to stop him from making that deadline. He glances at his watch 1 hour left, he prayed silently that everything was going to be fine. It took him longer then he expected to get a hold of the micro chip. The general was constantly trying to get Matt to reconsider other options. Matt wanted to tell him the truth about his needing of the chip, but if he did he was sure the general would see to it that Matt would never set eyes on it.

Just then the computer broke Matt's thoughts , "Incoming message from agent code named Clutch." Matt thought,

"What now? I don't time for this." Matt responds as though nothing was going on, "What's up Buddy?"

Buddy answered, "Well Brad finally awoke. The details on his so called kiss of death is still unclear, but when wakes up again he'll probably tell me more. I know you’re busy, but Brad wanted me to tell you this. During his little encounter with Vanessa, she asked about how Roxy was doing. What I guess Brad is saying is she's one of them."

Matt didn't want to believe it, "He's probably delirious. He said the same thing during the meeting, why should I believe him now?"

Buddy shrugged as he replies, "I don't know Matt I'm just the messenger here. Still I'd keep a close eye on her, just in case. Buddy out."

Matt turned his full concentration to the road. Matt started to wonder about this whole kidnapping. He did think it was strange that he only heard Roxanne's voice when he got that terrifying message. Plus V.E.N.O.M. wouldn't know anything about T-Bob working parameters. Matt was puzzled at this point

"Well when I get there. I'll learn the truth."



Roxanne watched from inside one of the abandon buildings in the town. She looks at her watch then to Scott, "You know your dad's kind of cutting it close."

Scott tried not to think about it, "He'll be here. I know he will."

She smirks, "If you say so."

Scott smiled as he heard the sound of a car headed up the road. She peaks out the window, as Thunderhawk stops in the middle of town, "Show time."

Matt steps out of Thunderhawk and glances around waiting for some kind of sign. Roxy quickly grabs her gun and tucks it securely in her back. She steps out the door, "15 more minutes and we could have been goners. But hey at least you made it."

Matt turns and looks at Roxy, "What's going on? I thought V.E.N.O.M. kidnapped you and Scott?" She moves closer towards Matt, "Well actually that is true. I was kidnapped by V.E.N.O.M.. And since I'm a member of V.E.N.O.M., I choose to kidnap Scott."

Matt was shocked as he spoke to himself, "So Brad was right? Where's Scott?"

"Ah yes, " she replied, "T-Bob bring Scott out." T-Bob walked out of the building leading Scott outside. She crossed her arms, "Now where's the chip?"

Matt pulls out a little black box

"Here." She demands, " Toss it over here."

Matt shook his head, " No not until Scott out of here."

She laughs, "Matt do I look like I'm playing a game?" She pulls the gun out from behind her back and points it at Scott, "Toss it over, DADDY!"

Matt attempts to calm her down, "All right just put the gun away." Matt tosses it over to her and she picks it up.

"Well if you would have complied the first time I wouldn't have had to pull it in the first place." She looks at it curiously and then hands it to T-Bob, "Do a scan to make sure it's real." T-Bob takes the chip and places it in circuits.

Matt stood there watching Roxanne every move, "Why are you doing this Roxanne? I'm your own father. If you even think that V.E.N.O.M. want's you back, You’re thinking wrong."

She looks at him angrily, "Let's get one thing straight pops, your not my father. We may have the same last name, but so do 20 thousand other people in the phone books. Since day one you've tried to deceive me into believe that. Vanessa warned me you people would attempt anything to get information from me. I'm not a fool to believe such a thing. I don't see any evidence that shows me you are my father, other then your own word. My mother was very poor and was hiding from someone probably my father. How or what she'd be doing with a billionaire like Matt Trakker I don't know." She grows angrier as she continues to talk about the subject.

"Besides Mr. Trakker, if you were my father I'd have shot this bullet straight into that head of yours. I was neglected by my father all my life and to think the one man I hated could come back into my life at any moment makes me angry. You have no idea what a hard life I've had since my mother death. I don't wish to tell you anymore, because you don't need to know about my personal life."

Matt tries to speak, "If you want proof end this now. We'll go home and I'll show you what pictures I have left of you mother. Believe me when I say I'm sorry I didn't know about you Roxanne. Rebecca left me after I endangered her life and she chose to keep you a secret from me. I'm sure you've been through a lot too. If we'd just sit down and talk this through we'd both get through this."

She laughs, "Hardly. I want nothing to do with your family, besides after I complete my mission I'll be a full fledged member of V.E.N.O.M.. The only reason they didn't come get me in the first place had to do with Mayhem telling me never to come back if I didn't have it."

T-Bob finishes the scan, "Chip is real." She smiles, "This just tells me you must really care about the both of us. How sweet." She orders T-Bob, "Untie Scott."

T-Bob does what she tells him. Scott then runs over to his father hugging him. Matt puts his arms around him, "Are you all right?"

Scott nods, "Yeah."

Matt then says, "You won't get far you know."

She then turns to look at him, "You know your probably right Matt. So I think maybe I should do something to keep you off my back." She looks around then looks down at the gun in her hand. She then points the gun straight at them both, "One of you is going to have to take a bullet then. But who?" She points the gun moving back'n forth between Scott and Matt."

She sighs, "Forgive me Scott for what I'm about to do. I hope this doesn't ruin our friendship, and I know you'll understand one day about why I'm about to do this." She closes her eyes, "Enie Meanie Minie Moe." She then stops the gun on who she was about to shoot.

Her gun fires, and the sound echoes for thousands of miles.

Mail Lisa

Back to the Mindforge