Blood and Water
by Lisa L. (a.k.a Rift McCoy)
Chapter 3


MASK agents sat around a huge round table, as they discussed the latest hit done by VENOM. All they knew was what they heard from the news.

The room goes silent as Matt Trakker enters. He takes his seat," Last night about 1am VENOM stole two solar power mirrors, several pounds of quartz metal, and 200 gallons of two dangerous chemicals. The question is what will VENOM do with these parts. After consulting with the military, it has been brought to my attention that VENOM maybe building a deadly high tech laser. This will make our weapons virtually impossible to compete with theirs and make them unstoppable. The good news is they are missing one part to complete it. This!" he pulls out a little black box inside of it lies a small microchip.

Gloria speaks up "Isn't that the same chip your having that fund-raiser for?" Matt sets the box down and walks around the table.

"Same one. This microchip has the power to kill as well to heal. Previously the military was using this to upgrade their weaponry, but it was found to be too powerful to handle. All knowledge of its existence was closed to the public eye. Until last month a hacker penetrated security. This is why I need all MASK agents on alert this coming Saturday. Me, Alex, and Brad will be keeping close watch on the guests, the rest of you will be stationed outside and ready in case of an all out assault."

Brad speaks up with an argumentative tone," What makes you think they'll strike Saturday? Why not tomorrow?" Trakker stops walking and stands straight across from him.

" Right now they don't know the location of the chip. And if they waited until after the party the chip will be locked up and under guard. I plan to put a decoy in it's place just in case something goes wrong. The real chip is going to be in my office. All right, lets get started beefing up security to ensure VENOM gets a warm welcome."

Trakker's agents all stood up agreeing with his plan. They all took off to ensure that extra security precautions were already in place and ready.


Mayhem sat at his desk tapping his fingers as he waits for Vanessa and Sly Rax impatiently. Both step into his office and pulled up a chair. Mayhem eyes glance at both of them wanting to hear only the truth, "Is she ready?"

Vanessa replied, " She passed basic training successfully, even if she fumbled a few times. I believe she will be able to handle herself in any situation."

Sly leans back," That baby probably couldn't hurt a fly."

Vanessa growled under her lip, "You want me to show you a demonstration?" After having the kid out smart him a few times he figured he better back off,

"Naa wouldn't want to hurt the girl before the big mission." "Sly?" Mayhem looked at him serious wanted a straight answer. He smiles at him, " Of course she's ready she learned from the best."

Vanessa smirks, "That's not what I heard more like she best you at everything." "Why you?" he jumps out of his seat ready to strangle her.

Mayhem slammed his fist down on his desk. "Knock it off!" Both retained themselves and looked straight at him, "Will she rat on us if she is caught?"

Vanessa spoke up on Roxy behalf, "She knows very well the consequences, if she chooses to betray us. I trust she will do her best not to get caught. The way I see it she considers VENOM her family. She would never betray her family she told me that herself."

"Hmm," Mayhem ponders her words. "I still question her loyalty. Anybody with the name Trakker has caused too much trouble for me. The way that little brat talks to me drives me nuts. If it wasn't for the fact that I need her, I would of thrown her to the dogs along time ago. When she gets back she's going to learn a few things about respecting her superiors."

Vanessa wanted to speak up to defend Roxy, but she knew better. " Rax I want you to go along in piranha, but keep your distance from Trakker's mansion and stay out of MASK radar. I want you around just in case something goes terribly wrong," Mayhem walked around the room. Rax nodded in agreement. "You’re both dismissed," Mayhem waves his hand indicating for them to leave, "Make sure all final preparations are made for the mission."

When they both walked out Mayhem took his seat and hope he wasn't making a big mistake.


Roxy steps out of her quarters wearing a short red dress, matching red heals, and her brown hair nicely put up. As she walked across the base the guys whistled at her. Every time she heard a whistle her face would turn red. She never realized how beautiful and grown up she looked just by dressing up. Most of all when she saw her reflection she saw the lasting image of her mother in her. She wipes her eyes. The last thing she needs is to make her makeup run before she gets there.

She walks up to the Limousine where Vanessa waits for her, "All right Vanessa I went over all the information you gave me on that rich hot shot Trakker and most of the guest list. Is there by any chance something we can do about my fake name, Barbara Gorden. It has no style and it's been used already. Vanessa gives her a strange yet angry look, as if she's the one who picked it herself. Roxy apologizes. "Never mind, Barbara Gorden at your service." Vanessa pulls out a red purse. "Now let's get down to business. In this purse contains wire cutters, a mini computer you can use to disable any security lock. Your lip stick contains a receiver just in case you need to contact Rax, and your compact has a compartment for you to store the chip in."

"Where's the exploding gum? All of a sudden I feel like I'm James Bond," Roxy blurts out.

Vanessa cracked a smile but moved onto a more pressing issue," Here you might need this." Vanessa hands her a small silver gun.

"I don't know Vanessa," Roxy looks down at the gun in her hands," I don't think I'm ready to shoot a person."

Vanessa places her hand on her shoulder," You might not have to use it, just have it for backup. If all runs smoothly you'll be out of there and Sly will bring you back safely. Well good luck Roxy," she gives her a hug.

"Thanks," Roxy smiled as she returned the hug. Sly Rax drove Piranha right up to the Limousine and eyes Roxy, "Wow baby, how old did you say you were again?"

She giggles," Sly cut it out." He gives her a small smile, " I would if I could. Anyway no matter what happens tonight, I won't be too far away. Just give me a holler and I'll be there princess. Talk to you soon," Rax put his mask on and takes off on Piranha towards his stakeout spot.

Just as she was going to step into the Limousine, Mayhem walks up to her, "You're forgetting something." She looked at him surprised. Mayhem looks her over something about the way she looked shocked him. He wasn't marveled by her beauty, but was sure he'd seen her face some place before. He pushes the thought aside and pulls out a diamond necklace, "You can't go with out a necklace." Mayhem puts it around her neck and gives her a kiss on the cheek, "Good luck! I'm counting on you Roxanne." She smiles as she steps into the Limousine.

She looks down at the necklace, "This is the same necklace he stole from the crown jewels last month. Don't worry sir I won't let you down," she says to herself, determined.


Her heart pounded harder the closer the mansion came into view. She pulled out her invitation, "Stay calm Roxy. They won't suspect anything if you just be yourself." The Limousine stops in front of the mansion, the driver hops out and opens the door for her. She steps out slowly, smiling as she thanked the driver. She looks around as she thinks, "If I make it through the front door everything will be fine.

"A gentleman stops her at the door, "Invitation ma'am?" She hands him her invitation avoiding all eye contact. He nods his head and motions for her to pass, "Have a wonderful evening Miss Gorden.

"Thank you," she walks further in. "Oh my I'm in, "her heart races as she looks around pondering what she should do next. " I should probably mingle with the guest to pass some time," she walks towards the guest room. Everywhere she looked people were huddled all over the place engaged in conversation. A long table of containing food was placed against the wall, a band played soft soothing music in one corner of the room, and in the center was a glass display case with two guards. She thinks," Most likely that is the main attraction. I'm going to have to think of a way to get my hands on it without all these people knowing. Well I have 5 hours to come up with a solution. I'm sure something will turn up."

She walks around the room and stops as she admires a well dressed man with shades on. Her jaw almost dropped," Oh my that's Brad Turner what a hunk, but he wasn't on the guest list? If I would of known I would of brought my CD and got a free autograph in the process. I should introduce myself, gee Vanessa’s going to be jealous."

She starts to walk over in his direction, when she identifies the man he was talking to. She then steps out of view, "Damn he's talking to Matt Trakker. I guess I'll have to ask for an autograph later. Might was well fill up on the food, it's never good to work on an empty stomach." As she walks back towards the table she notices a boy and his talking robot. She smiles thinking, "That's Trakker's kid, he might be the key to getting my hands on that chip."


Scott and T-Bob looked threw the food, "For once dad should pick some actual food, this stuff is gross." T-Bob puts numerous things on his plate, "Your telling me who's going to eat squid?"

"I hate these parties there so boring and this tie is killing me, "Scott pulls on his tie. Roxy grabs a plate and giggles as she over hears Scott. Scott looks at her, "What's so funny?"

She looks right at him, "Just the way you said it, and I agree with you this is a boring party.

It needs lively music and cooked food. Here," She puts her plate down and loosens his tie," Is that better?"

"Yeah thanks, of course, as soon as my dad comes around I'm going to have to put it back," Scott glances over towards his father's direction.

"Then why don't we go outside for a walk away from the boring adults?"

"Sounds like a good plan to me, Um T-Bob you stay here, "Scott takes her arm and leads her to the back yard.

"Ugh huh Scott?" T-Bob looks at him confused as he grabs more food.

"So why all the security it's just a stupid chip," She asks curiously as they past a military guard on the lawn.

"It's a precaution dad feels VENOM going to try and steal it," he answers her.

"I've heard of VENOM on the news, doesn't that mean their are MASK agents around here too?" she glances about excitedly wanting to see one. "Of course there are, dads got the best agents out there keeping guard," he blurts out. "He even planted a decoy."

She looks at him with a wide smile," No way how clever. No idiot of VENOM would ever figure that one out." "I know,"

Scott says excited. "Only my dad would of thought of something so clever." She tugs on Scott's arms playfully," So if the one in the guest hall is a fake, where's the real one?"

"It's locked away in my dad's office," he says proudly. "Can I see it?" she says curiously.

"Sorry I don't know the code to get in," Scott says apologetically.

"Oh well it was a shot," She smiles.

"Anyway we've been talking most the night I don't even know your name, mine's Scott," he says. "The names Roxy," she smiles.

She then realizes she just blew her cover by saying her real name. She tries to keep smiling as she thinks, "Stupid, stupid, stupid your suppose to be Barbara Gorden remember."

"Well Roxy he offers her his arm shall we join the party and hope something crashes it?" She takes his arm laughing, "Might as well."


As they walked back to the guest room, the crowd gathers around the display case to hear a presentation from Matt Trakker. Both kids stayed to the back of the room uninterested in the lecture.

Scott motions towards the podium, "That's my dad." "Wow your lucky to have a father like that," she thinks to herself that now would be a good time to find that office. She whispers into Scott's ear, "Is there a restroom I can use around here?"

"Use the one up stairs on the right, " Scott replied. She smiles," Thanks sugar." She then walks off towards the stairs. Brad walks up to Scott nudging him, "Who's the girlfriend?"

Scott blushed, "She's just a friend her names Roxy."

Brad nodded," I don't remember a Roxy on the list," he thinks. "Um Brad how do you get a girl to like you?" Scott asked, wanting advice.

Brad's face went blank, " Maybe you should talk to your father about that. I'm not the best guy to give you this information on girls, Scott. I have a hard enough time keeping them off me." Both guys went silent as they listen to Matt's welcome speech.


Upstairs was just as huge and confusing as downstairs. She sighs," Why must people live in big houses, what can they possible do with all these rooms." So far all she found was a couple bed rooms, a few bathrooms, and a game room. Nothing that looks like an office.

"If I were Matt Trakker's office where would I be? Maybe the first floor, "She smirks," but there are guards everywhere down there." She turns down another hallway and notices a door with a key pad, "Bingo!" She looks around the coast was clear. Since everybody was down stairs, she pulled out her mini-computer. After 5 minutes of deciphering the code, the pad was finally gave her the green light and the door opened. She moved in with haste and locked the door behind her.

She looks around the room, "Wow what does a billionaire do with all this computer equipment? Either this guy is paranoid with security or he's keeping a big secret. Too bad I don't have the time to find out." She smiles as she sees a little black box on the table," This is just too easy."


Downstairs, "I hope you all enjoy your evening," Trakker finishes as the crowd gives him an applause. Just then his watch flashes, Trakker knew something was up. He makes his way threw the crowded and signaled Brad and Alex to join him to the side. “My watch just went off, somebody is in my office.” All three men starred at each other for a moment in disbelief. They then all three head towards the stairs in a hurry.

Matt touches his watch and contacts his MASK agents outside, "Has VENOM started their attack?"

Gloria responded," Nope everything is dead out here." Dusty replied next," My radar is clean and no sign of Venom.

Bruce shook his head," Matt nobody has seen anything, why do you ask?" Matt voice was very serious, "Cause somebody in my office. Dusty, move Gator towards the west wing and keep and eye out."

"Got ya Matt," Dusty put his foot to the pedal and was on his way. "The rest of you stay on full alert," Matt makes his way towards the west wing with his companions Brad and Alex.


Meanwhile, Roxy pulls out the bottom of her compact and secures the chip. She smiles pulling out her lip stick," Hey Sly you still alive out there." Sly Rax speaks to her in anger," Ugh where the heck have you been, I've been waiting for you too contact me. I thought maybe you got caught and lord knows what." She laughs," Relax everything is just fine, I got the chip. And the reason I was unable to contact you is I've been getting aquatinted with Trakker's brat."

He yawns, "Can't you think of guys some other time, and get your ass out of there before you're caught."

"All right," She smirks," I'll just go back to the Limousine and take off." "See you in a few minutes," she puts the lip stick and the compact in her purse and heads for the door. Just as she stepped out of the door, three men turn the corner and all four of them made eye contact.

Trakker looked at her as thought he saw a ghost from his past. He says softly under his lips," Rebecca?"

"Oh Shit!" She said out loud as she starts to run down the hall way." Matt and Brad raced after her. She reaches the end of the hall running for her life holding her purse, "A dead end!" She looks out the window, "Two stories up and my only way out. I can do it, anything not to get caught."

She backs away from the window. Just as she backs away Brad grabs the corner of her dress. She knees him in the crotch causing him to fall to his knees. She picks up speed and covers her face with her arms as she jumps right through the window.

She lands on her feet, sort of, and falls flat on her face. She rolls over on her back her eyes starring up at the window. The three men looked down on her from the window, then quickly moved away. She knew they were coming to get her, but it hurt like hell to get up.

Dusty puts Gator in park and hurries up next to the girl laying on ground covered in blood and glass," Are you ok?" Of course, as soon as she saw this man in a Mask looking right over her she screamed for her life and used both her feet to kick him as far away as she could. She pushed herself off the ground grabbing her purse and cursing herself as she tries to run in pain.

She looks at Gator," It's my only chance to get away." Dusty recovers his balance off the ground and heads after to her,

"Come back here!"

She hops into Gator, "I've read about this it should be a piece of cake to drive, she shifts it into drive and takes off. Matt, Brad, and Alex join Dusty at the bottom.

"Matt she took off with Gator," Dusty said in an angry tone.

"Don't worry," Matt presses his watch," Gloria, Bruce I need you to stop Gator, use all means necessary.

Bruce replied, " We copy ya Matt." "Come on let's go get Thunder hawk and Condor," Matt, Brad, and Dusty headed towards the vehicles and took off after Gator.

She drove like crazy wanting to put as much distance between that mansion as she could. "I can't believe I stole Gator. Now I know they’re all after me," She constantly glances in her side and rear mirrors.

"So far the coast is clear," She scrambles threw her purse trying to pull out her lipstick. "Come on where is it," she tries to drive and look threw her purse at the same time. She pulls out her gun and sets it on the seat. She then pulls her lip stick out and yell frantically," Rax come in I need you. Rax help me!"

"Roxy where are you," Sly says worried.

"Oh shit they found me," She glances back as she sees two MASK vehicles on her tail. She swerves the car nervously hitting a bump on the road, causing both lipstick and her gun to go flying out of Gator.

"Roxy come in!" Rax yelled back but it was hopeless the last fee back he got was a car crushing the signal. Sly Rax started Piranha and went out in search for Roxy hoping that she's all right.


Both Gloria and Bruce were on her tail. "How about we give our thief a little fireworks?" Gloria suggested as she fires a missile at Gator.

Roxy turns the steering wheel in the opposite direction moving out of the missile's path," They're firing at me, somebody save me! Up ahead I see Piranha." She steps on the gas speeding up towards Piranha.

"I've been spotted by MASK well I'm not going to let them get away with Roxy," Rax moves Piranha towards Gator. As soon as Piranha came into close view, it fired like crazy at Gator.

Roxy screamed and turn the steering wheel in a panic to get out of the way. Gator slams right into a tree.

Sly Rax then sees Shark and Rhino coming up the path and decides to turn around and go back," They'll be busy taking care of the car I just totaled, I need to find Roxy.”

Roxy lay there in Gator, knocked out cold in the seat and covered in blood.

Back to the Mindforge
Mail Lisa

This fanfic is the copyright of Lisa L. Please do not use without her permission.
M.A.S.K. is the copyright of Kenner Parker toys... yada yada yada