Blood and Water
by Lisa L. (a.k.a Rift McCoy)
Chapter 1

A young brunet girl walks down the cold streets of Washington DC in a hurry. Her jeans nearly faded, her white top dragging down over her jeans covered by a red flannel, and her laces hanging off her tennis shoes. She sigh after missing her bus back to the orphanage, for the millionth time in her record book.

"Why does it always happen to me, "she states after kicking a can on the ground. "I get so wrapped up in hacking into things I never bother to check the time." She shrugs at the thought. "Oh well, it was worth it, I'm probably the first person who actually hacked into M.A.S.K. computers and lived to tell about it. Of course, a little longer and I might of been in the personal files. Oh I'd give anything for a chance to ride in one of those awesome vehicle. Even if I don't have a drivers license yet," giggling to herself.

She stops as she remembers the punishment she's going to get for being 3 hours late," The head master is probably going to ground me for life this time, maybe," she stops as she looks down an alley way. " If I take a short cut down here I might make it in an hour? It's worth the shot," she glances at the creepy alley, something about it told her it was a bad idea, yet she didn't care she liked the risk.

Further down the alley, three bad looking figures also move with haste. "Hurry up with that computer equipment boys," Vanessa demanded.

"Yeah well maybe if you'd start helping us we'd pick up the pace," Sly replied back in a cool voice. Vanessa just scolds him as though he was the scum of the earth. "Besides what's the big deal here," Sly argues as he loads a box into truck nearly dropping it, "Boss wants a new computer for his birthday?"

"Easy with that stuff! With this computer were going to get are hands on the ultimate weapon to defeat MASK. As long as we keep a low profile they won't know what were up too. So get back to work!" Vanessa demanded.

"Really Vanessa?" Cliff Dagger says with a smirk on his face putting a box down. "Who's the girl in the corner you just told every thing too?"

The three of them froze, as all eyes fell on this 14 year old girl, who just so happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

She saw them as a couple of thieves just looting a computer store or something. She ponders for a moment, " I caught them just as much as their going to catch me, if I don't start running." She turns away and starts running for her life in fear.

Vanessa screams," After her!" The men dropped the computer equipment they were handling and chase after her. She felts lost in the dark alley way, she couldn't remember the way out, her heart pounding harder with every breath, then all of a sudden she slams into something hard. She staggers to the ground looking up at a buff man with a cloth over his eye. " Well look who I caught," he laughs in her face as he speaks. She tries to get back on her feet and get away, but he picks her up and throws her over her shoulder and walks back to the truck. She kicks and screams hoping somebody will come help her, yet there was no one in sight.

Sly shakes his head, "Put a sock in it kid or we'll give ya something to scream about." All of a sudden she fell quiet, he was right the more resistance she gave the more likely she'd be in bigger trouble. "So what are we suppose to do with her?" Cliff Dagger asks Vanessa.

She thinks about it for awhile, "We're almost done loading everything up, throw her in the back we'll let the boss decide her fate." The last thing she remembered were those words and pitch blackness as the sound of a thump rang through her head.

She slowly opens her eyes, as she feels a streak of pain through her head, " Uhh," rubbing her forehead," I feel like I got hit by a semi-truck." Sly laughs," Well that's another way to put it, so how's our little hostage doing this lovely afternoon?" She looks at him oddly. She was sure they'd killed her by now, yet this one seems to be friendly,

"Could be better if I wasn't knocked out." "Ah well we couldn't have any witnesses little lady," he leans back on his chair." "Witnesses?" she laughs, " That's funny I could of sworn I saw a security camera or two." Sly falls out of his chair surprised,

"You're lying, I checked the place out myself and disabled the cameras." "What about the one next store?," she gives him an evil look. The room then fell quiet as Mayhem walk in with Vanessa. He looks serious and in a bad mood,

" Vanessa what am I going to do with her?" pointing directly at the young girl. "I have Mask to deal with not some baby-sitting job. Get rid of her this instant." His very words brought fear to her heart, usually get rid of her ment end of the line she thought. Maybe this would be a good time to speak up as she takes a breath of air.

" I...I..I might be able to help you guys out." Mayhem says in a powerful yet mocking voice.

"You? What on earth can a child like yourself do to help around here?"

"You need a hacker, well you have one me," her eyes placed solely on him as he holds her fate.

"What are you qualifications hacker?" he smirks. She thinks for a minute,

"Better not tell them about Mask computer that would be too much trouble, I know. "She lifts her head up saying proudly, "I've broke into CIA headquarters, Pentagon, and even the president's private e-mail line. Is that good enough for you?"

Mayhem shakes his head, " I'm supposed to believe you?" \

She stands before him almost begging, " I can prove it. Tell me what you want and I'll hack into it for ya." Miles nods as he walks out,

"You got 24 hours, make sure she doesn't leave that computer."

All night she stayed at the computer trying to hack into top secret military files. Apparently Mayhem wanted access to a new high tech laser prototype. Every two hours someone else would sit with her to make sure she didn't do anything crazy like, send e-mail for help or escape. After 10 long hours she finally got access. Her eyes red from looking at the screen, her body feeling as though it were ready to pass out, and her fingers stiff.

"Finally!" she quickly copied the file and printed out as much as she could. She glances over to Bruno snoozing in his chair. She thinks," Now's a perfect time to get away, but... I don't want to go. They need me here unlike at the orphanage." After that she spent a couple hours figuring out how this laser worked. Then, she passed out on her keyboard.

She felt a tap on her shoulder, Mayhem looked down on her as thought he was disappointed father. "Falling asleep on the job?" Rubbing her eyes slowly as she yawns. She pulls out a stack of papers and a disk, " Actually while chubby was sleeping I got everything ya asked for without being traced." Mayhem grabs them out of her hands forcefully with disbelief.

"Well I'll be darn, the kid was actually telling the truth, and probably put us ahead of schedule as well. Hmm.." He glances at each paper, then looks up at her. "Then what are we suppose to do with our new friend here? I suppose I could let you go."

She speaks up, "Why I'm too valuable for you too lose. I know way too much information, I'm sure I could contact Mask or the military in no time. Besides you guys could use me."

Vanessa smiles, " You know she has a point, sir." Miles nods, "Indeed she does. What of your parents?" "My parents are dead, nobody going to miss me." She can't believe she's begging them not to let her go.

"What's your name child," Mayhem moved closer. " Roxanne Trakker, but everyone calls me Roxy," she felt unease as she saw Mayhem make a funny face as though he hated her name or something.

"No relatives you say?" he looks at her curious. " None," she reassures him. "Welcome to Venom," he walks out with everyone else in the room as they set out to plan there next step. She smiles at his words, she now found a place where she belonged and felt needed. She had dreamed of being part of a family. Now, her wish has come true...she was now a member of Venom.


Back to the Mindforge
Mail Lisa

This fanfic is the copyright of Lisa L. Please do not use without her permission.
M.A.S.K. is the copyright of Kenner Parker toys... yada yada yada