Welcome to Honu Hale --Home of the Hawaiian Sea Turtle
Hawaiian Quilts -- Handmade by Honu
Original Quilt Designs and patterns from Honu Hale
Quilting Instruction by Honu
- Page 2
- Quilting history and tradition.
- Page 3
- Quiltmaking -- Getting started. Materials, preparation, cutting, layout, basting.
- Page 4
- Quiltmaking -- Moving ahead. Applique.
- Page 5
- Quiltmaking -- Putting it all together. Components, batting, basting.
- Page 6
- Quiltmaking -- Getting ready to quilt. New equipment and materials you will need.
- Page 7
- Quiltmaking -- Quilting at last. Stitches, echo quilting, marking a quilt, using hoops.
- Page 8
- Quiltmaking -- Still Quilting. The first hoopful, moving outward, corners, edges.
- Page 9
- Quiltmaking -- Finishing your Quilt. Measuring, Binding, Washing
- Page 10
- Pictures of original Quilts from Honu Hale
- Page 11
- Patterns Page -- Lists all available patterns and prices
- Page 12
- Links Page -- Other interesting Websites
- Page 13
- One Quilter's Comments -- Then and Now